Part of the Wilson Team, Blue Chip Tennis Celebrates Serena Williams and Roger Federer at Australian Open
Serena wins #23, Roger wins #18 and the tennis world was treated to some amazing moments at the Australian Open. As a Wilson and tennis fan, it is hard to imagine anything better than watching Serena and Roger hold Grand Slam trophies over their head again. #wteam
Each player did it playing with their new Autograph racquets for the 1st time in a Grand Slam. That brings the Wilson Brand’s new Design DNA to life with “signature wins”. What an incredible weekend! Here are some interesting facts:
- Serena is the number one most winning female player in grand slam singles with 23 wins!
- She played against her sister Venus who is an astounding 36 years old and still winning
- Federer extended his lead to 18 wins for the single most grand slam singles. At the age of 35, he is the second oldest to win a major ever. And that’s even having missed most of last year through injury
- Roger has also won the prestigous Laureus Award. The award honors remarkable individuals from the world of sports along with the greatest sporting achievements throughout the year!
- There are an amazing 7 players in the top 150 under age the of 21 who are American
Did you know that the weekend of the finals at the Australian Open had the largest US domestic viewing figures of any major since the 2009 Wimbledon final? Are you eager to get on the #tennis #courts, at #MTVAC? Get your FREE 7 Day trial HERE!
Securing an exclusive partnership with Wilson in 2014, the Blue Chip Tennis program, its award winning tennis staff, renowned juniors, and competitive adults are excited for Serena and Roger’s success. #BCTA#BlueChipTennis