MTVAC Charitable Donations and Alexandria Community Outreach
The goal of Mount Vernon Athletic Club’s community outreach and charitable giving is to make the Greater Alexandria community a healthier and happier place to live.
MTVAC Chartiable donations start in our own Mount Vernon and greater Alexandria community. We are able to have a positive impact through our kids programs, tennis scholarships, parent company foundation, money donated to charitable organizations and partnerships with the local food bank, hospital and first responders. MTVAC’s outreach efforts include:
- MTVAC parent company, Van Metre has a legacy of philanthropy in the area – We contribute through the Van Metre Foundation, a 5013c non-profit organization.
- Kids tennis scholarship programs and equipment donations to Mount Vernon and West Potomac High School tennis teams
- United Community Ministries – a partnership where MTVAC provides dry goods for their food bank for local families in need, toys for their holiday angel program and donations to the organization.
- Swing for Pink Breast Cancer fundraisers – MTVAC has donated over $130,000 to Alexandria and Mount Vernon INOVA hospitals.
- Alice’s Kids Organization – which helps enhance the self-esteem of children through financial support for items from books to sports equipment. Find out how much MTVAC donated in 2017 here!
- Alternative Paths Training School (APTS) – a private non-profit educational, vocational and behavioral consultation program for students and adults with developmental and other disabilities, MTVAC provides a safe work environment for APTS students as well as a partner membership program and onsite stress relief fitness classes for staff.
- Complimentary Nutrition Workshops – MTVAC provides free nutrition workshops for the community twice a month with Renee McGrew, our on staff Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, RDN.
- Children’s Miracle Network – We partnered with our neighbor and corporate wellness client Costco and donated $250 to the Children’s Miracle Network to help their fundraising efforts.
- Firefighter and First Responder Community Awareness & Giveaway – Rescue Station 9 and 24 School Fun Run & Nutrition Awareness Day – MTVAC helped sponsor a fun run to raise fitness and nutrition awareness in the local community.
- Kidz Move Programs – geared towards fighting childhood obesity and strengthening fitness in our Alexandria community.
- Good Shepard Housing – supports the working poor along the Route 1 Corridor and MTVAC through Tom Pardini raised $6,500 through fundraising efforts to support local families.